Re: 3.0.3 and 3.2 releasing

From: Antonio Huete Jimenez <ahuete.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:24:14 +0200

Hi all,

I think following up minor-releases is a good thing for many reasons
that have been already exposed. There should not be "showstoppers" in
my opinion; they should be measured by the amount/weight of the fixes
MFC'ed instead. For example, if the wire_count bug is still being
fixed we roll 3.0.3 even if it isn't fixed and then we roll 3.0.4 or
even 3.0.99 if needed. Minor releases are just steps forward to
stabilise what's already delivered.

Also I would like point out that another good reason to do a close
follow up to our stable release is the fact that we remove old or
unused parts of the OS that we consider obsolete but that others might
still use. So I think the better follow-up we do to our stable
branches and minor releases, the better old releases will remain.

My 1,99 cents.

Cheers,
Antonio Huete