Re: DragonFly BSD Goals/Direction

From: Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado <iam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 01:16:12 +0100

On 12/03/2011 10:30 PM, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
Actually, the OpenBSD's motto always was "Free, functional, secure"
with all three being equally promoted goals. The security focus is a
label that originated outside the project. So it really doesn't
matter whether the Goals page will state any main goal or not.

Yes, "free, functional and secure" and below in the web "Only two remote holes in the default install, in a heck of a long time!".

BTW, why do You think that there is any correlation between popularity of FreeBSD and the lack of label?

Not correlation. Simply they aren't identified with a particular interest. They avoid the prejudices.

I read always (all the time :( ) "netbsd is about portability and
openbsd is about security". I don't want the same misunderstanding with
dfly.