[no subject]

> Other problem is the C++ code (e.g. binutils doesn't compile) but I
> consider most important now only the problems related to C.

Well, that's a deal-breaker.
If the project made a decree that the base compiler languages were
limited to c-languages, then I would probably advocate clang over gcc in
the long-term (I know Samuel's argument, and I could provide some
rebuttal to his concerns).  However, that means we accept C++ in the
base, and I would like to see the gold linker be able to be a drop-in
replacement for ld (I have hopes for binutils 2.22).  If clang can't
property build a fundamental part of the toolchain, it's a non-starter
in my eyes.

That said, I have a hard time believing the clang folks would let
binutils not be buildable.  What's wrong there?

John