Re: DragonFly versioning plan

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:09:05 -0400

Samuel, To answer your last two items, pkgsrc does not now complain
about differences in minor version number for the operating system,
for DragonFly.  It used to, but that check was removed.  Also, I have
been talking with iMil about pkgin, and he suggested having pkgin
auto-add pkg_install as a dependency if there was a newer binary
available, so that may well fix it.

People like the 6-month schedule, it seems.  I would like to have some
sort of long-term release of DragonFly, though, for scenarios where an
administrator can't rebuild every 6 months.  I'm not sure how to do
that along with a 6-month release schedule that doesn't involve a lot
more overhead work for us.  We can certainly implement the rest of
these idea without it, and let that problem just lay there for now.