Re: Blogbench RAID benchmarks

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:37:08 -0700 (PDT)

:> writes:           600
:> reads :        178372
:
:For good measure, I did the same test with UFS1+softupdates.
:The results are much lower:
:
:  writes:         282
:  reads:        20522
:
:there was very little disk activity and blogbench was almost constantly
:sleeping (process in nanslp state)
:
:--
:Francois Tigeot

    There's something very basic wrong.  How much memory does the machine
    have?  Blogbench clearly isn't running long enough to blow out the
    system caches.  Try more iterations:

	blogbench --iterations=100
	blogbench --iterations=200

    Otherwise you aren't testing the disk drives at all.

    --

    w/regards to the CAM fix, to determine if it is meaningful use
    /usr/src/test/sysperf/randread.c.  The default parameters should be

    cd /usr/src/test/sysperf
    make /tmp/rr1

    Serialized disk reads will show up at around ~150-200 tps.  Multi-tagged
    disk reads will show up in the 400-500 tps range.