Re: Pkgsrc bulk mailing list?

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:13:28 -0500

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
Would having a mailing list for this be useful to people?

personally, my vote would be a 'pkg@' with:

- bulk logs
- df-local repo git commits
- any other 'porting discussion'

perhaps that might be a bit congested - somehow I don't think so -
but it gets a bit convoluted to have too many more lists

don't see why any bulk logs couldn't be cross posted if
us + netbsd/pkgsrc ppl don't care -
seems like that's good information for 2 places -

* df 'end users' are more concerned with df specific things -
* nb/pkgsrc ppl would be more concerned with portability /
  getting our patches 'correct' and to the right place
  (e.g. pkgsrc tree or upstream)

df 'developer types' would likely be interested in both

has anyone talked to the-usual-pkgsrc-suspects?

</2c>