Re: Virtio Drivers on Dragonfly

From: Pratyush <pratyush.kshirsagar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:11:29 +0000 (UTC)

Pratyush <pratyush.kshirsagar <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> As the Proportional RSS project is on its verge of completion and added to
> dragonfly. I request you guys to grant me permission to move forward with
> implementation of virtio drivers on dragonfly. If a member among us is doing
> this project, I will go for another.
>
> I would like to do the virtio project with one of my friend (Sandip Jadhav - CS
> Grad Student Binghamton University ), he too is in dragonfly kernel mailing
> list. This project can give us exposure to device drivers in dragonfly and also
> can convert our conceptual knowledge of virtio to some practical length. I
> thought of doing in a group, so that we can move with a pace suitable for
> further contributions to dragonfly.
>
> Thank You,
> Pratyush
> <pratyush.kshirsagar [at] gmail.com>
> Feeling Lucky to be a member of DragonFly Family :)

I thought that after being on a track with virtio drivers, I will go with doing
some work on check pointing vkernel. After that we can move forward with vkernel
migration using opportunistic replay approach as we have the checkpoints
generated. But all this depends on your guidance, I can go the way you guys
suggest.