Re: HEADS UP: BIND Removal. Short instructions for migration to pkgsrc-BIND

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 19:10:07 +0900

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 11:50:25AM +0200, Jan Lentfer wrote:
> This is the final Call. I will push my BIND removal patch-set sometime
> really soon, probably today. You can use bind form pkgsrc as a replacement
> (either build locally or using prebuild binaries). The stability problem
> has been worked around in pkgsrc nad packages are available now.

I'm wondering if you really need to import libldns and drill into
the base, if you're not planning to replace the resolver in the libc.
Just removing BIND from the base and adding net/drill to PKGSRC_PACKAGES
in nrelease/Makefile appears to me to be enough.  The only problem with
the current patchset, though, is that pkgsrc doesn't know that we have
libldns in the base, so it'll want to install libldns from pkgsrc first
then build other things (net/nsd, for instance) linked to it.  Maybe not
really a big issue.

Cheers.