Re: I/O errors on Hammer volume

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:39:23 +1000

 > Check with sysutils/smartmontools. I'd love to have a simplistic SMART
> monitoring daemon integrated into DragonFly which is run by default.
> This would be so cool and useful!

I'd be all for that too. Actually, I'd be all for going one step further and
write a program(or if one like that already exists, put it in base) that
checks/monitors the health of the hardware. Bad hardware (drives, memory etc)
are sneaky fuckers that tend to bite when one doesn't expect it. I dont know
how one would go about making such software but going forward, a cluster of
ie. 32 DF servers would be difficult to monitor for health and such software
would just make it much easier. In my opinion.

Petr