Re: kernel work week of 3-Feb-2010 HEADS UP

From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 02:52:56 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Matthew Dillon wrote:

: [write cache]

   Yes, it's theoretically possible by creating a small partition
   on the SSD (separate from the swap partition) and assigning
   all of HAMMER's UNDO FIFO disk blocks to it.

I was thinking in terms of something entirely swap-backed; but now that I think about it, I can see that it's not possible with the way swap works. Having a "unified" SSD cache seemed so neat...

Sorry about the noise.

MAgnus