access(2) using effective uid instead of real one?

From: Nicolas Thery <nthery@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:25:11 +0200

Hello,

According to man and posix, access(2) uses the real user UID instead
of the effective one.  However it looks like the functions doing the
checking (ufs_access, vop_helper_access) use the effective uid  and I
can't find anywhere where the effective uid passed to these functions
would be changed for the real one (as fbsd does).

I also wrote a small program that confirms this.

Assuming I'm not missing something, Is it intentional or a bug?

Cheers,
Nicolas