Re: Master release schedule changes, major feature list - September 2009

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:27:32 +0300

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     We are going to be shifting our master release schedule 2 months
> forward. This is being done for several reasons.  We will be releasing
> in September and March instead of July and January.

This will mean the end of September and the end of March then - together
with Q3 and Q1 pkgsrc releases? This might be a little racy as well. It
might happen that pkgsrc release is delayed a little (like 2009Q2 is at
the moment) and it takes a while to build packages as well. We might play
with release/branch dates as well though - for example we branch when we
are ready and really announce a release when pkgsrc packages are ready.

And this will also mean that our userspace ABI/API/etc is unfrozen again.
I'd like to see it frozen again at least month before the release. So, at
max September 1, but better in August 15. Is it OK?

It should be enough, but I'm not sure of course. Let's see how this works.

--
Hasso Tepper