Re: ABI/API soft freeze reminder

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

:I have 2009Q1 built on avalon (2.2); that long cpu-bound process appears
:to be done so I'm just finishing the copy of all the existing binary
:packages so that it matches pkgbox and we can make a clean switch.
:
:ruse39 kindly rebuilt df.v12.su as 2.3.x post-libc changes, so I figured
:the next step was to build packages for 2.3 there and bring them back to
:avalon so that we have binaries that would work for 2.2 and 2.3 going
:forward.

    Yah, Avalon is all yours to reboot.  Robin needs to work out some
    issues with the crypto cycle code.

    This is definitely the time to do a clean switch.  I'd like us to be
    running smoothly on Avalon well before we start getting into the July
    release process.

					<dillon@backplane.com>