Re: Support for Broadcom BCM5906M (part 2)

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:40:24 +0900

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 04:34:56PM +1100, Petr Janda wrote:
> > No idea, but if you set
> >   debug.acpi.disabled="sysresource"
> > in the boot loader and does it change anything?
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> What does this do? Ive put it into loader.conf but it didnt make any
> difference as far as i know.

It prevents sysresource subsystem from probing.  The sysresource subsystem
pre-allocates all memory and I/O resources on its attachment to serve as
resource manager.  In my limited knowledge, if the resource needed by
a device is pooled by ACPI, and not its ancestors, resource allocation fails.

But, as I haven't seen the bootverbose dmesg with ACPI enabled, maybe
I spoke too soon (as always :).  BTW there's another debugging knob,
debug.rman_debug, can be set to one to get verbose information with regard
to resource allocation.  This increases the size of the messages to dmesg,
so you may have to raise MSGBUF_SIZE in your kernel config and rebuild it.
This is not a sysctl knob but a tunable, so I recommend against putting it
in loader.conf (unless you have no access to the console).

Cheers.