Support for Broadcom BCM5906M (part 2)

From: elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:02:25 +1100 (EST)

Hi Sephe and others,

We had a lengthy discussion some time ago about this chipset that is in my
laptop(i remember there was another person with the same chipset who also
had this problem) that we couldn't get to work because the pci bridge was
closed and forcing it open froze the laptop. Well I just downloaded
OpenBSD 4.3 which claims to support this chipset, and unbelievebly it
recognized it and i even managed to get an IP address via DHCP using and
ping outside world, which means there's ways around it.

Would it be too difficult to port the BGE driver from OpenBSD?

Cheers,
Petr