Re: RCS Discussion

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 20:50:51 +0300

Just to throw in my 2 cents ...

The main problem IMHO is the way how RC systems have been evolved during
last years. It's not about just "shiny new RCS" and distributed RCS hype.
It's the fact that modern RC systems are much more tied to the way you
work - your habits, your preferences, your workflow, your usage patterns
etc.

Regardless what some people think and advocate, our habits, preferences,
workflows are (and remain) different. There can't be the one and only RCS
which would fit to every user, project etc. So, what I'd like to see is
much more simple and reliable conversion methods between different RC
systems. Git's fast-import format has some potential, but we are not
there yet.

--
Hasso Tepper