Re: PXE (NFS2) broken on DragonFly?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi;
:
:I started a thread on freebsd-fs about adopting 64bit cookies. The main
:show stopper is that PXE uses the NFS2 support in the bootloader. The
:code is in libstand (which is actually derived from some NetBSD's libsa).
:
:I looked briefly at the DragonFlyBSD CVS and it looks like libstand
:still depends on NFS2. Perhaps libstand is not used anymore or no one
:has used PXE on DragonFly?
:
:cheers,
:
:     Pedro.

    Well, we basically don't support NFSv2 any more.  It only works with UFS.
    It's impossible to make it work with HAMMER, which needs 64 bit cookies.

    I usually PXE boot test boxes with the TFTP loader.  Once the loader
    straps into the kernel the kernel itself has no problem booting via
    NFSv3.

					<dillon@backplane.com>