a safer undo

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 16:13:36 +0200

Hi,

I find myself the utility "undo" very dangerous, as it removes history.
I'd instead suggest a soft-undo mode by default, which reverts to the
last version of that file, but keeps the history, i.e. it overwrites the
file with the content of the old. To really undo, there would be a "-f"
(force) option, which removes forever the latest version and moves back
to the last version.

It's so easy to forget the "-d" if you want a diff output, and then, the
file is gone.

Other than that, a great utility. It's a great way to have version
control for configuration files built-in from the very beginning.

Regards,

Michael