Re: netgraph7 - not for release

From: Jordan Gordeev <jgordeev@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:00:28 +0300

Chris Turner wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:

Ok, I do have an ulterior motive here. I would like DFly to support mpd.

can't this be done with the userland ppp? never tried.. but saw the docs
What do you mean?

granted it's userland, so it won't quite do for my personal set of bonded OC-48s (ha! I wish!), but in any case ..

In FreeBSD, the userland PPP client uses netgraph, just like mpd. Except for PPP negotiations and other control traffic, the PPP traffic is processed in the kernel.
A userland PPP client in DragonFly using netgraph will have the same performance benefits.