Re: HAMMER Update 16-June-2008 - HEADS UP: MEDIA CHANGED AGAIN (2 of 4)

From: Frank Denis <dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:02:12 +0200

Le Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 01:53:11AM -0700, Matthew Dillon ecrivait :
>     I believe that going to the larger blocksize will significantly improve
>     performance as 64K and 128K single-record writes will cut the B-Tree
>     overhead down by 200-800% verses the 16K single-record writes HAMMER
>     does now.  This should also, coupled with some work on the low level
>     allocator, greatly improve random read performance in the blogbench test.

  Hello Matthew,

  If there is any additional feature you would like to have in Blogbench in
order to stress other areas of HAMMER or in order to simulate different real-life
cases, just let me know.

  I'm planning to make a new release in a few days with minor changes, so
why not add some new knobs and features that might be useful to filesystem
development by the way.

  Best regards,

--
Frank Denis - j [at] pureftpd.org