Re: tcpcb (was Re: sockbuf (was Re: BGL-free net stack))

From: Aggelos Economopoulos <aoiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:35:50 +0300

On Friday 06 June 2008, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
[...]
> In other news, the new sockbuf code is operational and after I squash an nfs
> bug and simplify it a bit I'm going to ask for testers. I expected it to be at
> this stage at least a couple of weeks ago but life and a few silly bugs
> intervened.

Well, quite a few know issues remain (see
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/NetMP) and the sb_*_cc_*() interface is
butt-ugly and has to go, but at this point some testing would be helpful. So,
anybody feeling adventurous please pull the sockbuf branch from
git://repo.or.cz/dragonfly/netmp.git, build the kernel with -DNO_MODULES and
try booting with it and do what you normally do. Let me know what breaks.
Needless to say, this is not code you should run on any machine with data you
care about that is not backed up. That said, I haven't lost any data running
on it yet.

If you are new to git, the necessary commands are:

git clone git://repo.or.cz/dragonfly/netmp.git
cd netmp
git branch sockbuf origin/sockbuf
git checkout sockbuf
make -DNO_MODULES KERNCONF=$KC nativekernel
su
cp /usr/obj/`pwd`/sys/$KC/kernel.debug /kernel-newsb
reboot

and in the boot loader

unload kernel
load kernel-newsb