Re: User API still a goal?

To: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:30:59 +0200

Petr Janda wrote:
    Right now my personal push is HAMMER, for the 2.0 release, and then
    HAMMER replication (some time after 2.0), and then moving on to the
    main clustering goal.

Is there also time somewhere to update the APIC stuff from Free so that my and other people's laptops work in SMP mode? (ie. we get no local apic) I remember you were talking about updating it.

Yeah, I was working on that (or at least tried that), because SMP doesn't work on my laptop as well. I know where it is located (c32/i386/mp_machdep.c and machdep.c), and what the problem is. The CPUs and LAPICs needs to be enumerated by ACPI, because no MP Table is found in the BIOS. The problem is, that the code somewhat depends on having a MP table so it's not that easy.

But, good to know that others are seeing those problems, so I try to
continue to work on it.

Regards,

Michael