Re: Boot Dragonfly BSD from USB CDROM

To: Damian Lubosch <dl@xxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 13:15:27 +0200

Damian Lubosch wrote:
Dmitry Komissaroff schrieb:
Problem was simple. eeePC's BIOS has badly documented switch, related
to OS installation. After touching it, DragonFly start booting from CD.
Hi!

What was the name of the switch? In my case (virtual USB-CDROM from a
remote-management card) DFly still panics during kernel boot. I used the
newest CD image from
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/i386/

LATEST-Devel.iso.bz2 <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/i386/LATEST-Devel.iso.bz2> 30-May-2008 01:02 106M

You can see its last messages (screenshot): http://peirce.xiqit.de/damian/dfly.png

Please try booting with the following boot-loader setting:

set hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration=0

Maybe that helps. Maybe not.

Regards,

Michael