Anticipatory disk scheduling - soc 2008

From: "Nirmal Thacker" <thacker.nirmal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:04:20 -0400

Hello,

This is concerning the soc 2008 project for anticipatory disk
scheduling . My mentor (Simon) has pointed me to the current scheduler
in the code. I am sending this mail , however to find out more
details. I could be digging through the code as well but if some of
you out there already know what exists it would be great to understand
a little more so that i can dig in the right places.

The current scheduler lies in the src/sys/dev/disk/nata/ata-queue.c
file . Are there any more related files? I did go through the
dev/disk/nata code and I didn't seem to find other related pieces of
code

This seems like a simple elevator scheduler . Would you like the
anticipatory disk scheduler to reside here as well?

Could there be some similar documentation with FreeBSD - what kind of
scheduler does FreeBSD implement? Would a cross reference code to
FreeBSD be available? (something like LXR)

Any more ideas/suggestions?

Hopefully by this week, I'd like to understand requirements for the
concerned people and make a brief design before I start from the 26th.

Thanks!
Nirmal