Re: Network transition complete + PF question

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

:On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:08:40PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I have a question for the PF/ALTQ masters out there.  I am trying to
:>     configure PF in a manner similar to what Cisco's fair-queue algorithm
:>     does.  Cisco's algorithm basically hashes TCP and UDP traffic based
:>     on the port/IP pairs, creating a bunch of lists of backlogged packets
:>     and then schedules the packets at the head of each list.
:
:I don't think any of the OS solutions will do that. What you can do for
:this kind of application is put all downloads into one class with borrow
:property and limit the source connections to a small value. Use a second
:rule to drop all the other connections into.
:
:Joerg

    Heh.  Poor Joerg.  His email went through www.pkgsrc-box.org which
    must have been a linux box.  It's been stuck in a queue all this time
    due to the window scale issues on my new router.

    You must have been pulling your hair out :-)

					<dillon@backplane.com>