Re: migrating proc from zone to objcache

From: "Nicolas Thery" <nthery@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:54:40 +0200

2008/4/1, Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@dragonflybsd.org>:
> Well, the zone allocator is MP-safe.  It's not hard to lock up the places that
>  manipulate the linked-list of free items. Look for uses of the zlock field.

Well it is documented as MP-safe but it isn't actually and is deprecated:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2008-01/msg00045.html

Actually, the above thread is what triggered me into migrating stuff off zones.

Thanks for all your feedback.  I'll precise my current plan in my
forthcoming reply to Matt.

Nicolas