Re: Jail uname spoofing / misc

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:21:50 -0400

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

If you don't need a jail to spoof uname, as others posted, you can installworld into a chroot and build everything you want there using Joerg's spiffy pbulk. That's what I'm doing on pkgbox now; I can hand you my somewhat terse notes if you want. It would be relatively easy to set up the configuration you're talking about.

cheers - I guess I thought incorrectly that something 'special' was needed to get the uname to change .. have been using the legacy bulks in chroots / jails (for 'same os' builds) as I haven't quite migrated to pbulk yet ..

thanks for the help offer - I'll ask if I run into trouble.