Re: Pre-Alpha patch for a LiveCD with GUI... What next?

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:39:28 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, March 6, 2008 8:34 am, Sascha Wildner wrote:

> That said, I'm now primarily interested in opinions/ideas/... about the
> direction this should take. Which packages would we like to see on the
> CD? Should it be a generic setup with the "most common things"
> installed, so a system can be quickly setup by the installer (which will
> cpdup /usr/pkg). Or should it be a more specialized set of tools? Or
> even as many packages as possible (Live DVD?). Etc., etc.

What Robert said is good - whatever's needed to enable DragonFly-specific
features.  Along with that would be some sort of documentation (a README?
A HTML file on whatever desktop we provide) that points people at the
different DragonFly tools, so they know what to try and how to try it.

There's going to be some percentage of people who try DragonFly who don't
know about vkernels, for instance, but there's our chance to educate them.
 I'm probably volunteering myself, aren't I?