Re: sendmail 8.14 has a serious memory corruption bug in it

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:22:43 +0000

Claus Assmann wrote:
I have only a single static IP (it's an old contract). PacBell/AT&T
only delegates reverse DNS to you if you have at least 6 (8?) static
IP addresses. Changing to that doubles the amount of money I would
have to pay. I've considered changing ISPs instead (BTW: why are
static IP so expensive in the US? It's more than twice the amount
of dynamic IPs...)

Meanwhile, here in the Netherlands where (in Europe generally) we're running out of IPv4 address space (switch to IPv6! Switch to IPv6!), static IPv4s for normal end-user subscriptions are the rule rather than the exception. :)
--
Thomas E. Spanjaard
tgen@netphreax.net