Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin Makefile src/usr.bin/pkg_radd Makefile pkg_radd.1 pkg_radd.sh

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 00:44:48 +0100

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
mk.conf is supposed to hold settings for pkgsrc.  It doesn't matter that
it's a make file.  Also, we know where it is:

I know, I'd like to use it. It does matter that it is a make file, because I can't source is from shell.

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/src/nrelease/root/etc/mk.conf

That's the livecd etc, default /etc doesn't contain a mk.conf.

Even if we wanted to change that (it probably should be in
$LOCALBASE/etc/mk.conf, as it's a pkgsrc thing), it's easier to change
that install location than to add a new utility and config file.

The problem is that we don't know where $LOCALBASE is. This is compiled into the pkg_* tools.

pkg_radd is a good idea; I'm all for making it easier to install things. I'm pointing out that we have an easy way to do this already.

It might seem easy, but it's not really...

cheers
  simon