Re: HAMMER filesystem update - design document

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

:Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> writes:
:>	mkfilesystem /hammer/my_source_backup
:>	replicate /elsewhere/my_source /hammer/my_source_backup
:
:What if I want to backup the entire change history of the filesystem? :)
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
:>>> The opinions expressed above are entirely my own <<<

    Replication will back up the entire change history of the filesystem
    as long as the replicator gets to the data in question before the
    originating filesystem's retention policy destroys the data (which will
    be typical).

					<dillon@backplane.com>