Re: HAMMER filesystem update - design document

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:22:16 +0200

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 12:33:45PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Ok, here's the final design document that I am now implementing.
>     Again, I expect most or all of these features to be ready and the
>     filesystem to be beta-quality by the December release.

Wow, this seems pretty good.

What about data corruption issues ?

Have you thought about implementing some sort of checksumming mechanism ?

We cannot assume hardware to be absolutely reliable. There may be some
silent corruption going on the disk or network layers, etc...

More on this in this article:
http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Data_Errors_During_Drive_Communication

--
Francois Tigeot