kauth

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:49:22 +0200

Hi all,

I'm thinking about bringing NetBSD's kauth [1] to DragonFly since quite some time. Before starting anything in this direction, I'd like to know if this is a desired feature to bring into DragonFly.

This would be the first time I write or port anything for an operating system, so I think I would need some kind of mentor (even if I am a very experience programmer :).

This is just a thought, and I am usually very busy, but I'd really like to get more into DragonFly and hope to understand more of it's internas (at least feel more comfortable with hacking the kernel ;-).

It doesn't seem to be very hard to port over to DragonFly. At least that's my first impression.

What do you think?

Regards,

Michael

[1]: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2006/03/24/0009.html