Re: URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

:This sounds very nice!  Would you mind committing this?
:
:I didn't look at the code, but you probably check for the dumpdev to be used?  Overwriting swap with memory contents would be disastrous.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    We could definitely use a panic-now sysctl.  I dont think we can safely
    implement a dump-now-and-resume sysctl.

    If someone wants to it should be possible to write a gcore-like
    program (say, call it kgcore) that creates a kernel core file for a
    running system.