Re: Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

:Couldn't find this kind of option in my laptop's bios.
:
:Best Regards,
:sephe

    It may not be a big deal anyway since both ATA and NATA recognized the
    drive as UDMA100, but if changing the DMA mode solves the problem then
    we know the issue is in the dma timings array.

    It may also be possible to set the DMA mode with 'natacontrol' if you
    can manage to boot into single user mode.  e.g.:

    natacontrol cap ad0
    natacontrol mode ad0
    natacontrol mode ad0 udma2

					<dillon@backplane.com>