Re: Strange vkernel crash

From: Dave Hayes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:33:21 -0700

Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     Maybe something in your /etc/ttys (the vkernel's /etc/ttys, that is)
>     is causing init to blow up the vkernel.  Try messing with that.  Be
>     sure to save the original in case that turns out to be the
>     cause.

I just have what is in the man page:

# cat ttys
console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" cons25 on secure
#

>     There have also been a lot of changes to HEAD recently.  Have you
>     done a complete kernel and world recompile for the vkernel
>     environment?  That doesn't excuse the crash, but it might be why
>     I can't reproduce it on my end.

Someone was telling me that I could check out a copy of /usr/src into
a different pathname and still run buildworld/installworld. Is this
true, and if so is there any special magic I have to do?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

"Nasrudin, my son, get up early in the mornings."
  "Why father?"
"It is a good habit. Why, once I rose at dawn and went for a walk. I
found on the road a sack of gold."
  "How did you know it was not lost the previous night?"
"That is not the point. In any case, it had not been there the night
before. I noticed that."
   "Then it isn't lucky for everyone to get up early. The man who lost
   the gold must have been up earlier than you.