Re: first stab at simple mailer

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 03:30:39 +0100

Op dinsdag 20 maart 2007 22:43, schreef Simon 'corecode' Schubert:

[local only smptd snip]

> What is still missing:
> - SMTP delivery
> - alias expansion
> - proper sysexit codes

Show us the code. I want to help. These things are where I shine :)

> What I am not sure about:
> - should the mailer block until all recipients are served or should it
> (like now) daemonize instantly

Daemonize is simplest. A queue based (mail spool) smptd would be simplest too.
Just make it queue requests like any MTA would do so nothing gets lost.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
That secret you've been guarding, isn't.