Re: Google SoC 2007 details

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:55:05 +0100

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
We didn't get in - Not enough qualified mentors/students is my guess.  We
do have projects to work on, but they are very complicated, especially for
a summer student workload.  Next year...

But hopefully people interested in projects still want to do them. I think that's the most important thing. If somebody only wants to work on a project because he gets money for it, he shouldn't do it at all. The money should be an additional benefit for doing the work you anyways want to do.

cheers
 simon