Re: Plans for 1.8+ (2.0?)

From: "Tobias Schacht" <tsmail05@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:45:17 +0100

On 2/1/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

No, its a lot more complex then that. There are three basic issues:

* Redundancy in a heavily distributed environment

* Transactional Consistency.

* Cache Coherency and conflict management.

Hm, I wonder how plan9 solved these issues? AFAIK they have at least a snapshots capable fs (long before zfs) and since their scope also is a distributed environment, it may be a good idea to take a look and maybe borrow some ideas?

But I'm really no expert here, so anybody with a clue is invited to
comment on that. ;)