Re: NATA update

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:02:58 +0000

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 11:44:04PM +0000, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1h
no such device 'ad'
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6
I haven't debugged this one yet, and the code I looked at yesterday doesn't scream "here's the problem, obviously!". I'll try reproducing it tomorrow.
This may have something to do with part of JMicron chip support
code not yet included in our ata-chipset.c .  I'll play with it
later today.

Yes, I intend to sync with FreeBSD on a regular basis; though I want the current code working first. I'm procrastinating too much regarding ataraid, and the manpages...

But your dmesg does show ad0 attaches, right? And if it's on PATA only, which controller is it on? The (formerly Acer, ALi) ULi (now nVidia) controller or the JMicron one? Fwiw, my new box also has a JMicron PATA+SATA+eSATA controller (36x series, I'd have to check), but I have my disk on the ICH8R southbridge SATA controller running in PATA emulation mode (I have yet to try AHCI mode, and RAID with ataraid support).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen@netphreax.net