Re: How to stress test DragonFly with Peter Holms kernel-stress-test-suite

From: "Pieter Dumon" <pieter.dumon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:22:38 +0200

Apparently some things have changed since this stress-testing page was
put on the wiki, or it doesn't work for dfly-preview.
The stress test is now at another place:
people.freebsd.org/~pho/stress/src/stress2.tgz

The sysctls debug.spin_lock_test and kern.syscall_mpsafe don't exist
anymore apparently.
How should the scheme in the wiki be adapted to the current preview ?

regards,

Pieter

On 6/10/06, Stefan Krüger <skrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> On Thu, June 8, 2006 4:08 pm, Stefan Krüger wrote:
>> Some people may have read about Peter Holms Stress Test Suite on
>> commits@, and yes, Matt and I have found several bugs with it.
>>
>> To get wider testing I thought I could write a little Stress-Test-Suite
>> guide, so let's start
>
> Can you stick this on the Wiki?  That would be a less transitory place for
> people to catch it.

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/HowToStressTest

Maybe someone want's to clean (spelling, wording, layout, etc.) it up a
bit...