Re: Cache coherency, clustering, and Kernel virtualization

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 03:46:49 +0800

Matthew Dillon wrote:

*snip*

Sounds kinda like what IBM did with linux on its mainframes, eh?

AIX5L + Linux?

Earlier roots than that. Over 32 years, and still in use.

Closer to IBM CRL's CP/67 --> VM -- -- -- z/OS's z/VM

*snip*

I finally figured it out, and the answer is so simple that I am surprised it took a week for me to figure it out.

Go for it! You are bound to do a better job than IBM *used* to do.

. ..maybe even a better job than they do *now*.

Progress...

;-)

Bill