Re: Reviving userland LWKT

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:01:18 +0200

Emiel Kollof wrote:
Op donderdag 13 juli 2006 01:49, schreef Simon 'corecode' Schubert:
Matthew Dillon wrote:
[excellent description of a fairly generic protocol]

could/would this be used for a possible implementation of NSS, for
instance?  I'm thinking of a NSS daemon which can handle standard NSS
plugins (ldap, sql, whatnot) and a libc getpwent(3) and stuff which queries
this daemon, by some means.  Is this some means possibly the protocol you
are outlining, would we need a layer in between (lwkt?) or would we use
something completely else?

You mean something akin to Netinfo (as it's used on OS X, and how it was used on *STEP)?

I don't know how netinfo works in its internals, but something like it, maybe. Just netinfo sounds really big and fat and unusable (in my experience). What I want is something small which just does one thing: host plugins for NSS and reply to queries.

cheers
 simon