Re: Support for nForce4 AC'97

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:51:09 +0200

On 14.05.2006, at 21:30, Rumko wrote:
After adding the ID of the chip "0x005910de" to ich.c into the switch statement
in ich_pci_probe(), I get "pcm0: ac97 link rate calibration timed out after
1920815 us" during bootup and there is no sound.

Anyone have more experience with this onboard sound card? Or perhaps even know
a way to make it work?

nforce4's ich is a intel HDA. no way it would work. i started a driver, using the netbsd one, but got distracted by real life (exams, work, moving...)

if somebody wants to continue work on it (i guess it's 40% done), i can try to plug my box and copy the repository off.

cheers
  simon