Re: PATCH preadv/pwritev

To: Chuck Tuffli <ctuffli@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:28:05 +0200

Chuck Tuffli wrote:
I had a need for the iovec versions of pread and pwrite and have a patch for people to try. The changes are loosely based on the work done in FreeBSD current and have been tested against an enhanced version of Iozone. This testing has been on 1.4.x, but there doesn't appear to be a big difference between HEAD and the 1.4 slip tag, so I would expect the patch to work for HEAD as well.

After applying the patch you will also need to

cd src/sys/kern
make sysent

to update all the auto-magic system call gunk.

---chuck

Chuck,

could you include patches to the read(2) and write(2) man pages as well?

Thanks,
Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx