new malloc, G and libc_r

From: Richard Nyberg <rnyberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:47:04 +0100

I've been playing around with the new malloc options on HEAD and noticed
that libc_r really doesn't like the G option. All threaded apps fail like
below. Isn't it a strange way to fail though? As I understand it the G
option can make buggy apps to die from illegal memory access, not cause
memory allocation failure.

[doozer//~]$ MALLOC_OPTIONS=G xmms
Fatal error 'Cannot allocate priority ready queue.' at line ? in file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c (errno = ?)
Abort trap (core dumped)

        -Richard