Re: FreeBSD TCP/IP Cleanup and Optimizations

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:27:33 +0200

On 01.08.2005, at 17:26, Matthew Dillon wrote:
The BGL work on the network stack is very close. There are two queueing mechanisms that need to be locked up (sockbufs and IPQ), after which we will basically be able to turn off the big giant lock in the network protocol threads. IPQ should be straightforward. The sockbufs are more of an issue but it should be possible to separate the reader and writer sides of each sockbuf to avoid contention between userland and the protocol stack.

and we need to lock down pfil or start parallelizing them (probably only pf, with newest version imported)

cheers
  simon

Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /