Re: RELEASE_1_2 tag confusion

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

:
:I'm sort of confused by the CVS tags I think. I pulled down a tree
:using -r DragonFly_RELEASE_1_2_Slip, but uname -r reports
:
:rg-dhcp2# uname -r
:1.1-DEVELOPMENT
:
:when I run the new kernel on top of the old base system
:(1.2.0-RELEASE). Spot checking some of the files leads me to believe
:that the files used in the build are indeed from the RELEASE_1_2 tag.
:Does what I'm seeing indicate that there is some sort of inconsistancy
:in my build tree?
:
:--
:Chuck Tuffli
:Agilent Technologies

    Check the tag embedded in the /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh file.
    around line 38ish:

    This tag is supposed to be populated with the tag name for the tag
    the file was checked out as.