Re: Microchannel support (device mca)

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:36:03 -0400

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 06:13:52PM +0200, Sascha Wildner wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to ask if anyone is actually using this. It's on my list of
>things to remove.

Would I see it on the pci bus or where?

agp0@pci0:0:0:  class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x05301039 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
atapci0@pci0:0:1:       class=0x01018a card=0x55131039 chip=0x55131039 rev=0xd0 hdr=0x00
isab0@pci0:1:0: class=0x060100 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00081039 rev=0xb1 hdr=0x00
none0@pci0:1:1: class=0xff0000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00091039 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
ohci0@pci0:1:2: class=0x0c0310 card=0x00000000 chip=0x70011039 rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
pcib1@pci0:2:0: class=0x060400 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00011039 rev=0x00 hdr=0x01
fxp0@pci0:10:0: class=0x020000 card=0x00408086 chip=0x12298086 rev=0x0c hdr=0x00
none1@pci0:12:0:        class=0x040100 card=0x01661014 chip=0x1969125d rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
none2@pci1:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x63061039 chip=0x63061039 rev=0xa2 hdr=0x00

This is an old IBM Aptiva. I'm not really sure if it uses Microchannel
and I don't really care if it becomes unsupported but I'd like to know
if the instability has anything to do with it -- probably due to running
ports built with _stable and now world is release... It does work...
maybe there is a command to reinstall all the ports and dependencies
installed (and no others)?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx