Re: mtd_cpl question

From: Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:20:43 -0700

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    It's constrained to 32 bits at the moment, because all the
    interrupt handling assembly uses a bit-test-and-set (btsl)
    and bit-test-and-reset (btrl) to mess with it.

    The cpl will be going away soon anyway.  It's part of the
    whole spl system and the spl system is going away.  I'm
    working on fixing the various subsystems that depend on
    e.g. splimp(), and other places... they will all be
    replaced by critical sections and other mechanisms.

The reason I ask is that I have the bus_alloc_resource() side of MSI (message signaled interrupts) working and wanted to connect it to the rest of the interrupt code via bus_setup_intr(). Do you have any short/long term recommendations? Do you want help on any of the above?

Alternatively, how badly would things break if I went around the system and wrote the IDT entries directly assuming there would be no overlap in the IRQ/MSI ranges?

--
Chuck Tuffli
Agilent Technologies